Friday, June 1, 2007

A Penny for Raya's Thought

How Raya thinks the project is going:



"Okay, this project is not going. We have all the materials and have done nothing with them. I'm not going to be here this weekend, so I'm not doing anything. Miles says we get to paint on Monday if we're lucky and I'm excited about that because I like to paint. Me and Samara still have to look for text for the measurement line thing and I'm not looking forward to that because umm, yeah. I think Samara should get a meningitis shot so her limbs don't fall off, but if her limbs do fall off, my neighbor can make her new arms and legs. When I'm in college, and I read the newspaper where the obituaries are and if Samara's name is there from dying of meningitis, I will cry because I didn't force her to get the shot. So, Samara, don't die of meningitis. Anyways, back to the project, umm, I think one day, I'm going to go to the meningitis belt and go on a safari to see zebras and elephants. Meningitis is a interesting disease. I think it would scare me if I had meningitis because I think I had the flu or something. That's why I'm going to get the meningitis shot, unlike Samara.



P.S. My thoughts are worth more than a penny."


A response for Raya: I spoke with Miles and he is planning to complete much of the construction part of the project this weekend. I offered to go help him, but he thinks that me going up there would be more trouble than it's worth. I don't think you should feel guilty about not being here this weekend since he does not need help anyway. I am bringing paint in on Monday so that we can begin painting and finalization of the "constuction phase." If I have enough time this weekend after working on my short story, I will start to write the text for the measurement lines.

I realize that not getting vaccinations is irresponsible and dangerous. I also realize that my fear is irrational. Still, everytime I know I will be recieving a shot, I get extremely anxious and tense. The feeling takes a while to dissipate after the shot. I hope that I will be able to build up the courage for the shot before I live in the dorms.

I agree that learning about Meningitis has been interesting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good blog you have here. Please update it more often. This topics is my interest. Thank you. . .

Periodontal Disease